Southview COVID-19 statement:
To our guests, friends, and family,
We sincerely hope that you are all staying well and staying home to do your part in keeping our communities safe during these extraordinary times. When it is safe to travel and get out again, Southview will be waiting to welcome you and your family to our 'little Piece of Heaven' on Rice Lake.
The Southview Family is safe and sound, isolating together at the resort - and staying optimistic while getting the resort ready for opening day of May 9th.
We have been closely monitoring all updates from the Health Unit to put the health, safety and well-being of our customers, staff and the community in which we operate as our number one priority.
As the pandemic is still developing, it is possible that Southview will not be open on May 9th. If any booking changes need to be made because of new rules/regulations put in place beyond our control, we will be in touch ASAP with any guests that are affected by this.
In the past few weeks, we have heard from many of you saying how much your Southview Cottages vacation means to you and your family as your summer escape. We are hopeful that we will be opening as usual this year, but please take a look at what Southview Cottages is working on right now to keep you and your Family Safe during your vacation with us on Rice Lake.
New for 2020:
- We are currently developing an online booking/payment system - to encourage all customers to pay the remainder of their bills over the phone or online with credit card within 24 hours prior to arrival. This will allow customers the peace of mind if they'd like the ability to limit all unnecessary interactions with staff. When you arrive, your welcome booklet and cottage keys will be waiting inside your unlocked cottage upon arrival. If you have any questions or concerns upon arrival, we are always on the property and are just a phone call away.
- Keeping our staff up to date on newest procedures and implementing a communication and training strategy with our staff to ensure that everyone is practicing preventive actions.
- Communicating with our guests any changes that develop if new requirements become necessary.
During your stay:
- Increasing our cleaning procedures and increasing the frequency of sanitizing all common areas.
- All cottages will be sanitized with the best virus-killing products/cleaners - focusing on high-touched surfaces (door handles, light switches, remotes, and all kitchen appliances/furnishings/kitchenware)
After you make a reservation:
Southview Cottages has adapted our Cancellation Policy over the last few weeks to the evolving nature of this pandemic. We have updated our policy to provide our customers with the most flexibility we can offer during these challenging times.
Due to the possibility that current travel restrictions may be extended into the summer; we plan on using the following cancellation policy for all 2020 deposits:
- A full refund up to one week prior to arrival, less a 10% charge to cover our credit card/bank fees.
- We would be incredibly grateful if you would consider pushing your booking to a later date in 2020 or 2021. We will honor your full deposit and give you a discount of $100.00 off your weekly cottage rental and $50.00 off your weekend/midweek stay should you have to push your booking till later in the year or till 2021.
As always, please feel free to contact us by email or phone should you have any questions of concerns.
The Southview Family
Welcome to Southview Cottages
For nearly 70 years Southview Cottages has been catering to guests from across North America and beyond. As 3rd generation Owners/Operators we truly understand and appreciate the meaning of the Tradtional Canadian Family Cottage Experience.
We provide the family vacation you are looking for - full of Adventure, Relaxation, and Quailty.
The Kawartha Lakes district in Ontario is the most sought-after vacation destinations in Canada - due to its beautiful scenery coupled with wonderful weather, exceptional fishing, and local attractions.
Southview Cottages has an outstanding piece of property. We have over 1800 feet of shoreline and 50 acres of scenic countryside on the North shore of Rice Lake. All of our cottages are on the waters edge viewing 6 lush islands and breath-taking sunrises.
We offer many Recreational Activities for all ages - to keep everyone in the family entertained.
We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our property and cottages. We promise you will not forget your time here and want to visit year after year.