Southview Cottages COVID-19 Response
The Southview Family is committed to your well-being and measures have been put in place to ensure that we continue to offer an experience that is as safe as possible for everyone.
We are doing so by complying with all Peterborough Public Health and Public Health of Ontario recommendations.
The health and safety of our guests, staff and community are our top priority. We are keeping out staff up to date on newest procedures and implementing a communication and training strategy with our staff to ensure that everyone is practicing preventive behavior.
Please help keep our Resort safe by staying home if:
- You have had a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days or have been in close contact with someone who has.
- OR if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 including: cough, fever, respiratory problems or sudden loss of smell or taste.
- We are limiting the number of people allowed in the office at a time.
- Masks or face coverings are mandatory when entering our Office.
- Pool is open must be reserved at main office (9am-8pm daily)
- Playground and Beach are open - social distancing applies
- Waterfront sports equipment will be available by sign-out at office (9am-5pm daily)
- Life Jackets are disinfected between each use.
- Boat Rentals are available for 2021 bookings - all boats are disinfected between uses.
- Laundry facilities are open to one guest at a time, social distancing applies.
- Fish cleaning houses are open are open to two guests at a time, social distancing applies.
During your stay:
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting all common areas.
- All cottages will be sanitized with the best virus-killing products/cleaners – focusing on high-touched surfaces (door handles, light switches, remotes, and all kitchen appliances/furnishings/kitchenware)
- Disinfectants and hand sanitizers are available at all common areas.
As always, please feel free to contact us by email or phone should you have any questions of concerns.
The Southview Family
Fishing & Recreation
Southview Cottages has many different types of boat rentals available
Sell out quick so book today!
Rice Lake is best known for the fish it homes; and we pride ourselves on being Ontario’s TOP fishing destination.
Rent a boat OR catch fish right from one of our fishing piers or 1400 foot waterfront boardwalk.
Here you can find:
- Small Mouth Bass, Large Mouth Bass,
- Pickerel (Walleye),
- Northern Pike,
- and Carp.
Our Front Desk Issues Fishing Licenses. OR follow link for more info. – Fishing Licence
Fishing Season Opening Dates
|Panfish Opens||Open All Year|
|Carp Opens||Open All Year|
|Walleye Opens||2nd Saturday in May|
|Muskie Opens||1st Saturday in June|
|Bass Opens||3rd Saturday in June|
At Southview Cottages you and your family can always find something to do. We offer many onsite recreational activities to keep you outside and active!
For those Adrenaline Junkies we also offer lessons on:
- and Tubing
- Lessons and sessions all done by Certified Intructors
- Reasonable Rates
For those who just love to get out of the city and enjoy the great outdoors we have over 50 acres of wildlife, including our 2 kilometers of nature trails. Perfect for summer time hikes, biking, and bird watching.
Don't forget: FREE WIFI
For more relaxation at Southview Cottages we offer enjoyment at our:
- Wading Pool with fun fountain
- Heated Pool
- (7) Sand Boxes
- Sandy Beach
- Large Children’s Playground
- Nature Trails
- Fishing Piers
- Fire pits
- Waterfront boardwalk