Southview Cottages COVID-19 Response
The Southview Family is committed to your well-being and measures have been put in place to ensure that we continue to offer an experience that is as safe as possible for everyone.
We are doing so by complying with all Peterborough Public Health and Public Health of Ontario recommendations.
The health and safety of our guests, staff and community are our top priority. We are keeping out staff up to date on newest procedures and implementing a communication and training strategy with our staff to ensure that everyone is practicing preventive behavior.
Please help keep our Resort safe by staying home if:
- You have had a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days or have been in close contact with someone who has.
- OR if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 including: cough, fever, respiratory problems or sudden loss of smell or taste.
- We offer contactless check-in services - please phone or email us prior to your arrival to learn more.
- We are limiting the number of people allowed in the office at a time.
- Masks or face coverings are mandatory when entering our Office.
- Pool is open - must be reserved at main office (9am-8pm daily)
- Playground and Beach are open - social distancing applies
- Waterfront sports equipment will be available by sign-out at office (9am-5pm daily)
- Life Jackets are disinfected between each use. Please bring your own if possible.
- Boat Rentals are available for 2021 bookings - all boats are disinfected between uses.
- Laundry facilities are open to one guest at a time, social distancing applies.
- Fish cleaning houses are open are open to one guest at a time, social distancing applies.
During your stay:
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting all common areas.
- All cottages will be sanitized with the best virus-killing products/cleaners from top to bottom – focusing on high-touched surfaces (door handles, light switches, remotes, and all kitchen appliances/furnishings/kitchenware)
- Disinfectants and hand sanitizers are available at all common areas.
No Visitor Policy:
As a result of Covid-19 Southview Cottages has been compelled to change our visitor policy to state that we do not allow visitors. All extra persons must be approved prior to arrival - as we do not want the cottages or resort property overcrowded. Southview Cottages Inc reserves the right to know the number of people coming to the property to ensure the safety of our guests, staff, and the community to which we operate in. All extra persons must be approved prior to arrival, and all guests are to be registered upon arrival.
Have peace of mind booking with Southview Cottages during these unprecedented times. For all new bookings: If travel is not possible due to government regulations/restrictions or border closures we will offer full refunds less a 10% fee on your deposit or you can carry your deposit till a later date with $50.00 off weekly cottage rentals.
As always, please feel free to contact us by email or phone should you have any questions of concerns.
The Southview Family
The Southview Experience
Unplug and Recharge with your Family this Summer to create Lasting Memories.
Take the time to RELAX by:
- star filled nights aside bonfire
- escaping to simpler times of picnics and relaxing on the waters edge
- soaking up the sun on over 50 acres of land
- walks on our 1400 foot waterfront boardwalk
- pier fishing
Partake in a variety of ADVENTURES:
- Stand-up Paddle Boarding
- Tubing / Waterskiing / Wakeboarding available at additional cost (not available for summer 2021)
- Local Attractions – also listed below.
The "Housekeeping" Experience
Ever wanted to own a cottage but without the headache of the upkeep and costs?
Join us here at Southview Cottages where you’re treated like family year after year at a cottage that feels like home.
At Southview Cottages we provide our guests with a true housekeeping cottage experience. Our cottages come fully furnished with all amenities, giving you complete freedom in your vacation to not be reliant on facility hours or high Restaurant prices.
The Local Experience
Our 10 Favourite Attractions in our Area:
Rolling Grape Vineyard – Taste Bailieboro’s finest wines just minutes away from the Resort
Tree Top Trekking – recieve $10 off coupon at our front Office
Escape Maze – Through a series of games, riddles, locks and lost keys escape your way out – if you can!
Rice Lake Art Gallery – See the most beautiful Zimbabwe sculptures – just minutes away from the Resort
Lang Pioneer Village – Travel back in time to see how the Pioneers lived – photographers paradise!
Canadian Canoe Museum – Is a unique National Heritage Centre exploring the significance of the Canoe in Canada’s history.
Lavender Farm – Photographers Paradise!
Primitive Designs – Ever wanted to see a 2 story T-Rex built out of recycled metal – look no further!
Peterborough’s Music Festival – FREE outdoor concert every Saturday/Wednesday in the Summer
Peterborough Zoo – Last FREE Zoo in Ontario
Our 10 Favourite Restaurants in our Area:
Rhino’s Roadhouse – Located minutes away on Rice Lake – has docking access
Bewdley Pizza – Located minutes away on Rice Lake – also has docking access – amazing Pizza!
Bailieboro Chip Truck – Located 5 minutes away in Bailieboro – Delicious Poutine!
Food Forest – Complete Vegan menu in Peterborough
St. Veronus – Belgium Pub – in Peterborough
Publican House – Local Brewery and Food in Peterborough
The Lakeview Restaurant– Located on Rice Lake with docking access and Live Music every Wednesday & Sunday
Muddy’s Pit BBQ – Best BBQ this side of Rice Lake
Doo Doo’s – Award Winning Buttertarts
Golden Wheel – Delicious Local Chinese Food
Rice Lake, Ontario has so much to offer! Make your next Ontario Cottage rental a memorable one!
More Local Attractions
Things to do in the Kawartha Lakes area. Make the most out of you Ontario cottage rental on Rice Lake!
There are 3 unique communities within a 30 minute drive from Southview Cottages. Listed below are a few of our favourite attractions:
- 4th Line Theatre – 12+ years of bringing history to life on the outdoor stages of Winslow farm
- Art Gallery of Peterborough
- The Canadian Canoe Museum – World’s largest collection of canoes and kayaks
- Peterborough Music Festival – FREE concert every Saturday
- Galaxy Cinemas – Movie theatre in Peterborough.
- Havelock Country Jamboree
- Kawartha Downs – Multi-use facility: Casino (Slots), Motor Racing.
- Lang Pioneer Village
- The Millbrook Gallery
- Peterborough Riverview Zoo – Last FREE Zoo in Ontario
- Indian River Reptile Zoo
- Warsaw Caves
- Peterborough Lift Locks and River Boat Cruises
- Escape Maze – Minutes away from our Resort
- Rolling Grape Winery – Down the street from our Resort
You can even listen to some of the radio stations live on the Internet!