Southview Cottages COVID-19 Response
WE ARE OPENING JUNE 19th, 2020!
The Southview Family is delighted to share the news that now we can officially open!
New for 2020:
- We are limiting the number of people allowed in the office at a time - only 4 people maximum. When you arrive, we ask only one person comes into the office and checks in.
- The pool is heated and open! 12 persons maximum.
- Playground will be closed until further notice – this is a provincial order, applied across Ontario.
- The beach will be open, and guests are asked to social distance from other people not in their immediate family.
- We are encouraging all guests that are renting boats or want to take out any water equipment to bring their own life jackets or rental life jackets will be available that have been disinfected between uses.
- Laundry facilities will be open, social distancing applies.
- Fish cleaning houses will be open, social distancing applies.
During your stay:
- Increasing our cleaning procedures and increasing the frequency of disinfecting all common areas.
- All cottages will be sanitized with the best virus-killing products/cleaners – focusing on high-touched surfaces (door handles, light switches, remotes, and all kitchen appliances/furnishings/Kitchenware)
- All Water and sport equipment will be disinfected between uses.
- All Rental Boats will also be disinfected between uses.
- Keeping our staff up to date on newest procedures and implementing a communication and training strategy with our staff to ensure that everyone is practicing preventive behavior.
After you make a reservation:
Southview Cottages has adapted our Cancellation Policy over the last few weeks to the evolving nature of this pandemic. We have updated our policy to provide our customers with the most flexibility we can offer during these challenging times.
Due to the possibility that current travel restrictions may be extended into the summer; we plan on using the following cancellation policy for all 2020 deposits:
A deposit of $600.00 per week and $300.00 per weekend/midweek is required to reserve cottages.
- A full refund up to one week prior to arrival, less a 10% charge to cover our costs; within a week of arrival deposits will be refunded less a 50% cancellation fee.
- OR push your reservation till later in 2020 or 2021. We will honor your full deposit and give you a discount of $100.00 off your weekly cottage rental and $50.00 off your weekend/midweek stay should have to push your booking till later in the year or till 2021.
As always, please feel free to contact us by email or phone should you have any questions of concerns.
The Southview Family
The Southview Experience
Unplug and Recharge with your Family this Summer to create Lasting Memories.
Take the time to RELAX by:
- star filled nights aside bonfire
- escaping to simpler times of picnics and relaxing on the waters edge
- soaking up the sun on over 50 acres of land
- walks on our 1400 foot waterfront boardwalk
- pier fishing
Partake in a variety of ADVENTURES:
- Stand-up Paddle Boarding
- Tubing / Waterskiing / Wakeboarding available at additional cost
- Local Attractions – also listed below.
The "Housekeeping" Experience
Ever wanted to own a cottage but without the headache of the upkeep and costs?
Join us here at Southview Cottages where you’re treated like family year after year at a cottage that feels like home.
At Southview Cottages we provide our guests with a true housekeeping cottage experience. Our cottages come fully furnished with all amenities, giving you complete freedom in your vacation to not be reliant on facility hours or high Restaurant prices.
The Local Experience
Our 10 Favourite Attractions in our Area:
Rolling Grape Vineyard – Taste Bailieboro’s finest wines just minutes away from the Resort
Tree Top Trekking – recieve $10 off coupon at our front Office
Escape Maze – Through a series of games, riddles, locks and lost keys escape your way out – if you can!
Rice Lake Art Gallery – See the most beautiful Zimbabwe sculptures – just minutes away from the Resort
Lang Pioneer Village – Travel back in time to see how the Pioneers lived – photographers paradise!
Canadian Canoe Museum – Is a unique National Heritage Centre exploring the significance of the Canoe in Canada’s history.
Lavender Farm – Photographers Paradise!
Primitive Designs – Ever wanted to see a 2 story T-Rex built out of recycled metal – look no further!
Peterborough’s Music Festival – FREE outdoor concert every Saturday/Wednesday in the Summer
Peterborough Zoo – Last FREE Zoo in Ontario
Our 10 Favourite Restaurants in our Area:
Rhino’s Roadhouse – Located minutes away on Rice Lake – has docking access
Bewdley Pizza – Located minutes away on Rice Lake – also has docking access – amazing Pizza!
Bailieboro Chip Truck – Located 5 minutes away in Bailieboro – Delicious Poutine!
Food Forest – Complete Vegan menu in Peterborough
St. Veronus – Belgium Pub – in Peterborough
Publican House – Local Brewery and Food in Peterborough
The Lakeview Restaurant– Located on Rice Lake with docking access and Live Music every Wednesday & Sunday
Muddy’s Pit BBQ – Best BBQ this side of Rice Lake
Doo Doo’s – Award Winning Buttertarts
Golden Wheel – Delicious Local Chinese Food
More Local Attractions
There are 3 unique communities within a 30 minute drive from Southview Cottages. Listed below are a few of our favourite attractions:
- 4th Line Theatre – 12+ years of bringing history to life on the outdoor stages of Winslow farm
- Art Gallery of Peterborough
- The Canadian Canoe Museum – World’s largest collection of canoes and kayaks
- Peterborough Music Festival – FREE concert every Saturday
- Galaxy Cinemas – Movie theatre in Peterborough.
- Havelock Country Jamboree
- Kawartha Downs – Multi-use facility: Casino (Slots), Motor Racing.
- Lang Pioneer Village
- The Millbrook Gallery
- Peterborough Riverview Zoo – Last FREE Zoo in Ontario
- Indian River Reptile Zoo
- Warsaw Caves
- Peterborough Lift Locks and River Boat Cruises
- Escape Maze – Minutes away from our Resort
- Rolling Grape Winery – Down the street from our Resort
You can even listen to some of the radio stations live on the Internet!